Supersized Tequila Shot Shrimp Surf 'n' Turf
SUPERSIZED TEQUILA SHOT SHRIMP WITH A STEAK BACK
Our U6 shrimp come to us fresh from the Gulf of Mexico. Each shrimp is nearly three ounces and they stretch about seven inches — not including the head. All that delectable shrimp meat in one big juicy package got us thinking: What could be better than doing a surf 'n' turf with shrimp? Of course you could boil the shrimp, but since you've got the barbie fired up anyway, grilling them is a lot more interesting, especially if you add some butter, tequila, lime juice and cilantro. The whole process from shelling the shrimp to sitting down to dig in is less than a half-hour (unless you're one of those who insist on the steak being singed to a gray, chewy lump). The tequila, butter, lime and cilantro give just enough bite to these sweet things, and you may find yourself humming "Tequila Sunrise" and tapping your foot while you savor the flavor.
2 limes, juiced
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 cup of chopped cilantro
2 ozs tequila
1. Pre-heat grill to 450º F.
2. Clean shrimp by removing shell and vein and washing thoroughly in cold water.
3. Melt butter in a microwavable dish
4. When butter is melted, add lime juice, tequila and chopped cilantro.
5. Submerge shrimp in the liquid mixture and let it marinate while you prepare the steak.
6. Put steaks onto preheated grill and begin cooking to desired doneness.
7. When the steaks have about 5 minutes left to cook, add the shrimp to the grill. Pour some of the leftover marinade onto them; if the grill flares up and smokes a lot, even better.
7. After three minutes, flip the shrimp over and pour a bit more marinade on them.
8. Pull the steaks off when done and check the shrimp. U6s are really big, so it'll take longer to cook them than smaller shrimp. Press lightly on the shrimp with a fork as they cook, when you feel the shrimp stiffen up, they're getting done. Watch the flesh. When it turns white (not gray), it's done.
Lighthouse Seafood is a family business, owned and operated by Tim and Heather O'Leary.
They have supplied Central Florida restaurants and residents with prime seafood for more than a decade.
Their commitment is to always have only the freshest seafood for your table.
Grouper Snapper Salmon Shrimp Tuna Trout Halibut Cod Stone Crabs Blue Crabs
King Crab Snow Crab Clams Oysters Mahi Swordfish Florida Lobster Maine Lobster
101 N. Country Club Rd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
8780 E CR 466
The Villages, FL 32162